For deer hunting with a rifle, it is essential that you make the right purchase. Obviously, you want a rifle to fit your physical statute and skill level but also a rifle that is going to produce a quick kill. Additionally, since you will be walking the land over different terrain you want a rifle that is lightweight and easy to handle. To buy a deer hunting rifle you could visit a local firearms store or go directly to the manufacturer. However, save money, 17 wsm Ammo for sale you could buy both new and used rifles through classified advertisements in the paper, as well as online, at pawn shops and gun shows.
To get you started in the right direction, the following rifles are considered to be among the best for deer hunting.
• Savage Model 110 – While not particular handsome, this Savage model is extremely accurate. The design features a barrel locknut, box magazine that can be attached or detached, an adjustable trigger and three-position thumb safety.
• Browning A-Bolt II – Another popular type of rifle used for deer hunting is this Browning. The rifle provides smooth operation and the high gloss finish on the stock made of genuine walnut along with the rosewood forend tip makes this an attractive piece. Hunters also appreciate the 22-inch barrel, 60-degree bolt operation and lightweight design, weighing only 6 pounds 11 ounces. This rifle is available in several variations as well as standard and magnum calibers.
• Winchester Model 70 – Without doubt, Winchester has long been a favorite choice. Winchester launched this model during the 1990s, which is similar to the pre-64 model. The rifle comes in several variations and grades and is loaded with features. For instance, this deer hunting rifle comes with a box magazine that can be attached or detached (with or without the hinged floor plate), a three-position safety on bolt and adjustable trigger.
• Remington Model 798 – This Remington rifle is another popular choice. The design was inspired by the Mauser 98 type action this rifle. The 798 is affordable and made with a machined steel receiver with integral recoil lug. Other features include a fixed ejector, full-length extractor, one-piece bolt with integral bolt guide, adjustable trigger, one-piece steel magazine box and bottom iron, hinged steel floor plate and 22-inch barrel. This coupled with the attractive brown laminated hardwood stock and you have a great deer hunting rifle.
• Sako 85 – It has only been in recent years that this deer hunting rifle became available within the United States. Sold by Beretta, this rifle comes in a number of variations and different action lengths. In addition, the rifle has a relatively short bolt throw great for follow up shots if needed.
• Ruger No. 1 – If you want a single shot rifle that is compact, graceful, and attractive, the No. 1 model would be ideal. Top features include a stock made from black walnut a 26-inch barrel and quarter rib capable of holding a scope mounting. This rifle comes in several variations and even 27 calibers. Other features include an attached magazine box with hinged floor plate, Mauser-type of extractor and three-position bolt mounted safety.
• Ruger Model 77RSI Mk. II – This international model has a beautiful Mannlicher stock of walnut and one of the best bolt actions ever made. The barrel is only 18 inches but the accuracy of this rifle unrivaled. Features include an integral scope base, controlled feed and you can choose from both short and long action calibers. If you prefer a trim but quick handling rifle, this is it. Weighing only 7 pounds and designed with adjustable iron sights hitting your target has never been easier.