The most common problem faces with study abroad in UK involves the issue of meeting living and education expenses. Generally the education expense gets taken care of with help from study abroad consultants who can help acquire UK scholarships, study loans, fees waivers or discounts and sponsorships. But the problem of meeting daily expenses has to be dealt with through family financial support which can be a big strain for all. Most students thus opt for some sort of part time work to meet some of their financial requirements.

There are opportunities for abroad studying students to work in the UK during their studies. Special rules make it possible for them to work while studying. The opportunities available include part-time or vacation work, as well as course-related work placements.

Students can find out about part-time jobs that are available by consulting notice boards around their institution, looking in local newspapers and job centers, and visiting the college or university careers office. Many institutions have their own ‘job shop’, which display part-time and holiday vacancies and may issue job vacancy bulletins.

Piece of Advice to students – Please think carefully about how much time will be available for part time job during studies. Success on course should be priority. Your studies may be intensive and demanding and you should be realistic about the amount of time this will leave for part-time work. Many students find that working part-time helps improve their communication skills, but you must be careful not to let work interfere with your studies.

From 3rd March 2010, students studying below degree level or on a foundation degree course can work up to ten hours per week during term time and full-time during the holidays.

Degree level students and above can work up to 20 hours per week during term time and full-time during vacations.

After completion of the course

Students studying in the UK Universities are entitled to visa extension of 2 yrs after completion of their course under Post Study Work Visa Scheme (PSW)

Post-Study Worker (Tier 1)

The category of post-study worker (Tier 1) was introduced in the new points based system and allows the UK to retain the most able international graduates who have studied here and provides a bridge from being a student to becoming a skilled or highly skilled worker.

Abroad studying students who have completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree course from recognized UK colleges may apply as a 英國寄宿中學 post-study worker within 12 months of obtaining their qualification.

During their stay here, post-study workers can look for work without needing to have a sponsor. The visa is valid for up to two years and it is expected that students will switch into another tier of the points based system as soon as they can.



By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *